European Teacher Academy
The UNI-T Academy (eUropeaN cIvic Teacher Academy) project, coordinated at AMU by the Inspé, is one of the 11 projects selected by the European Commission as part of the Erasmus+ Teacher Academies call for projects.
Fully in line with the CIVIS dynamic, the project associates several partners of the alliance: Aix-Marseille University, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Tübingen University, the Université Libre de Bruxelles and the Università di Roma La Sapienza. Together with the Rectorat d’Aix-Marseille, the project also has associated partners from the school education sector such as universities in Belgium, and various schools in Greece and Italy.
The UNI-T Academy project aims, over a period of three years, to improve the European dimension and internationalisation of teacher training in order to enhance its attractiveness and mobility between countries. To achieve this, the university partners and the associated educational institutions will develop European communities of practice to encourage European teachers and future teachers to think about education beyond national borders.
The project is based on 4 professional development strategies, each relying on various mobility mechanisms (physical and virtual mobility) and the development of mutual systems of recognition of acquired competences to eventually promote teacher mobility.
- Strategy 1: the joint development of hybrid learning modules based on educational research and exchanges between participants.
- Strategy 2: webinars and summer schools that will encourage transnational and intercultural dialogues with different educational actors (schools, universities and educational institutions).
- Strategy 3: transnational action research projects bringing together teachers and educational actors with educational researchers.
- Strategy 4: a transversal approach to the mobility of students, pre-service and in-service teachers and teacher trainers, including open badge recognition systems.
With a budget of almost 2 million euros, the UNI-T project and the actions proposed in the project should allow
- Access to a wider range of knowledge and the confrontation of personal representations of teachers and future teachers on what education should be
- The development of new knowledge for educational research
- The development of wider professional teacher networks at national and international level
- Opportunities to promote teaching careers and employability